Monday, April 27, 2009

WITH THEE BY MY SIDE...

R. Dinakaran, April 27, 2009
The Hindu Business Line

How often do you sleep with your mobile phone by your side? Do you keep it under your pillow?

Not only mobiles, all electronic gadgets emit electromagnetic waves. Newspapers and magazines constantly publish `studies' on how mobile phones affect our health - mental and physical - with scary reports of brain tumours.

Surprisingly, my wife seems to have an uncanny ability to home in on such stories and display them to me as warnings. She is naturally worried as she thinks I am surrounded by electronic gadgets - and my bag is full of them. Being an `insider' I also keep telling her that newspapers publish such items because we have a lot of space to fill in the slowdown.

This worked till last week when I brought a book on energy healing from the British Council library. Page after page in the book describes how electronic goods affect energy levels. The author, Seka Nikolic, is emphatic that we should not keep electronic items in the bedroom. I ran an Internet search. Each and every Feng Shui or energy healing site had something to say on how electronic items in the bedroom caused `disturbing vibrations' and affected your sleep.

The site http://www.naturalnews.com/mobile_phone.html had a collection of articles on how mobile phones affected us.

Though I had never felt my mobile was evil enough to disturb my sleep, I got scared enough to decide to get rid of my mobile from my bed. This was worse. I woke up at least six times in the night to go to the other room to check whether I had any `missed calls' or a waiting SMS.

Now I have decided to keep my mobile near my pillow. I now sleep peacefully. May be the electromagnetic waves aid my sleep.

0 comments: